View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Twink,
The idea of a MySpace deal where all pictures could be posted is great and bidding with Grandpa points great. Are there items he wants to keep, some he wants for you, etc. All the kids need to understand shipping. I don't know about your area, but trucking companies "consolidate" freight" for delivery to an areas. takes longer cause they have various deliveries to make and if your stuff gets packed first, it comes out last. The grandkids may need to know they have to pay shipping (or were you (and you would, nice Twink) going to pay it?) May help Grandchildren think about what they really want, so the one farest and unwilling to pay for trucking doesn't choose the biggest piece. Utah is beautiful with nice places to see, some could plan to vacation there, you could arrange a big family reunion!!!! They could see see Grandpa who can personally give his gifts (My aunt without children did this instead of letting a will do it when she was dead) and I treasure the gift she gave me. In her will, she left me money, built a redwood deck with it, call it the Aunt Peggy Memorial deck. My brother (childless) left me some money, used part to put in built in pool. We call it the Uncle (to my kids) Mikie Memorial pool.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (08-15-2008)