View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
I know of at the least 3 people that have A.D.
I being one of them Mine came from an auto accident . Doodlebugs sadly hers came from failed surgery ... well surgeries more then one if i recall. and I believe Nikki was hit with A.D. from sucessfull brain surgery not positive but I think so.
You are not alone . I can not have any surgeries any more and I have a neuro stimulator implanted for my pain. as NO MEDS helpped with pain.and like you no doctors or neuros wants anything to do with me . Kinda stinks when they do their work and things turn out diffrent they toss ya to the curb like trash then when ya try to make things better ..find a diffrent doc and fill them in on your medical history... they act like you have cooties or something ( cant get to rude here) they are afraid to do any work on you. or in my case they cant because it will leave more permante dammage. but i have to truthfully and honestly say that geting my neuro stimulator has given back part of my life. It dose not take away all my pain but it takes the ugly edge off it. I have been reading the Neuro stimulator is being used to treat A.D. so maybe you could inquire about that as a possible option for you. And if i can help do not hesitate to private message me or post here. I wil be more then glad to help with ANYTHING!!
I am so sorry you have to live with this horrible monster pain eveyrday. But you are not alone not in the least not one bit. I will see if i can round up the others I mentioned so they can reply also. but first my pain pal I need to give ya lots of

Low pain wishes Kewl
PEACE
BMW
Thank you for all your support! I did ask my doctor about the neurostimulator and he said that nobody that he knows does the implant of this in the Northwest. It is a great thought though. I really am glad I am not alone!

As with you, the docs are all afraid to do anything else to help with the pain except for changing meds as needed. I have come to grip with reality and realize I am in this for the long haul. My work is a big help for therapy since I am too busy to think of the pain, which is awesome until I leave work and then when I get home from work the pain hits me hard. I am glad that I can still keep up with my three children and keep active in daily chores but there are times it just doesn't help and you need that extra support! Thank you!

I just replied to Nik-key yesterday and noted that I had a med change from OxyContin to Methadone, three days ago. Well, last night at around 2:30am I woke up to this terrible itching all over. I guess there is another thing to add to the Allergy list!!! This sucks, I am so sensitive to all the meds and end up with horrible reactions. I called the doc and now am waiting around the house til he calls back I hope it is soon! I can't stand the itching.

I hate this AD it really really bad and of course today it is 102 degrees F outside. Too hot for me! I am too young for all this (28) LOL! Hope your day goes well and at least somewhat painfree!

~Rachel
Kewlbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (08-21-2009)