View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

The way the PT's on the intense PT program described it was that you need to push through the pain to be able to get better and that sometimes the pain can get really bad before it gets any better. The PT's also said that sometimes people give up on the PT when the pain gets worse (who could blame them?!?!) without giving the PT a chance to work.

My pain levels got worse whilst I was doing the PT and for quite a while afterwards but eventually it settled back down to an 8 on the pain scale. I am still no where near pain free and my pain ranges from a 7 and a half to a 8 and a half on a daily basis depending on what I am doing but I am able to walk short distances now which I was unable to do before I went on the program.

The PT's also said that you are in pain whether you are sat doing nothing or doing something so you may as well be doing something and have pain than not do something and have pain.

As we all know, pain in RSD DOESN'T mean that you are doing any harm (even though it may not feel like it!!) The PT's always used the saying "To Hurt Is NOT To Harm"

The PT's have also taken several video's of how I was unable to walk at all before the program and how I am now able to walk short distances to put into an International Conferance on how to treat RSD and other chronic pain disorders so that proves that it can help - maybe not take the pain away but help people to become more mobile.

Just because the PT hasn't helped you or you haven't given it chance to work, please don't tell others that they shouldn't try PT. Everyone responds differently and no two people are the same as i'm sure you all know

Alison

Last edited by ali12; 08-15-2008 at 04:09 PM.
ali12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (08-15-2008)