View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Erin, I've battled insomnia for a few years. Some nights are better than others, but most nights I'm lucky to sleep 2 hours then catnap for the rest of the night.

I don't like how the sleep aids...prescription and over the counter make me feel the next day. One thing I found that has helped was to use a sleep mask. I read something recently about how even the smallest amount of light in your room can stimulate the eye at night. If my eyes opened just a tiny bit while asleep even a single red LED light can be enough to "wake" the brain .

I used the mask for about 4 weeks every night. So far I have been sleeping at least 6 hours straight. This week the mask bothers my eyes so I haven't used it, but I try to get my room as dark as I can. Even my 12 year old son uses one. We have an air cleaner running in his room that has red LEDs and the light was just enough to keep him from staying in a deep sleep.
weegot5kiz (08-15-2008)