View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

From my own experience, and from your description, it sounds like your brain waves are out of whack. There are several different kinds of brain waves - Alpha, Beta, and Delta, Gamma, and Theta. The brain shows different types which correspond to states of arousal - Alpha corresponds to relaxed alertness, Beta to active concentration or anxiousness, Delta and Theta are associated with drowsiness and deep sleep. These waves are produced by different areas of the brain, so MS brain lesions can interfere with normal brain waves. For instance, you may be experiencing excess Beta waves, which could result in insomnia.

I went to a neuropsychologist and had neurofeedback therapy. They attach EEG electrodes to your scalp and ears and positively reinforce the desired type of brainwaves. Your brain can form new pathways, and the results can be quite dramatic. I'm hoping after my Medicare kicks in, I may be able to do some more treatments. My insomnia actually resulted from a perpetual state of Theta and Delta waves. My brain was confused about when it was supposed to sleep!

You can look this stuff up on the internet, it's for real!

"Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."
msarkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (08-16-2008)