Thread: spread????
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen15565 View Post
Hello everyone, my injury started in my right ankle and spread up my leg and into my left leg and foot. I have a new pain management dr. And i really like him. He is willing to try new medications he tried another sympathic lumbar block (iv'e had 5) has explained all about the scs and is very sympathic. The rsd has recently spread into my left arm and hand. When i told him he said it is unlikely that it spread to my arm. He said rsd dosen't spread to the upper body if it started in the lower limb. I know it has spread, it is not in my head!! Should i stay with him?
Eileen
Hi Eileeen, I sorry you have RSD. Mine began in my shoulder the day after surgery. But of course I wasn't acurrately diagnosed for another 7 years. By then it had spread to the other side in my shoulder and then back to my left hand, then over to my right hand and then down my left and right feet and legs, actually full body, including internally. I can't say if you should stay with your Dr, but if I were considering SCS, I would do a lot of research, even out of state. How long have you had RSD? and were you diagnosed right away?
How did you hurt your ankle? Do you mind saying what meds you are on? It
is difficult dealing with this day in day out isn't it. Swimming is helping me I feel, My husband has been really helpful, around house and grocery shopping. Our daughter is married. They have both gone with me to meet my Dr. He is sympathetic too. Hope today is good for you. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote