View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I almost felt human again when I woke this morning. Showered, put on a long loose T-Shirt dress (still can't wear a bra because of the nerve pain from the shingles), rested a while, had a little to eat, rested, checked email. I'm hoping against hope that this is a "turn the corner day".

Last night still had lots of trouble breathing and felt like there was a fist in the top of my left lung. Couldn't talk for more than a few sentences without becoming short of breath. They looked for a blood clot in the lung and said "no". I suspect this is just all of the lymph nodes in the chest and abdomen quieting down.

A friend is coming over Tuesday on her day off to review my hospital record with me to see what might have been missed in finding a diagnosis for all of this. She's a clinical instructor in the nursing school.

The infectious disease doc questioned whether my Rebif was playing a role in the fever and shingles. We held two doses in the hospital and I was just going downhill, gave a dose, started to feel better byt a couple hours later, the rash reactivated and temp went from 98 to 102. That is when the chest pain and shortness of breath developed. I've had two doses since without incident so we just don't know.

They did not want to do steroids or CellCept because they felt there was just too much going on and way too many unknowns.

I think I've exceeded my sitting up limit for now. Later. Thank you all for your concern and support. It means more than I can tell you.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote