View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default homeopatic treatments I've tried for myoclonus

Hi I am 36 yrs old and have suffered from myoclonus since age 31. First I had, and still have, palatal myoclonus and now I have (for the last year) spinal myoclonus. Part of the spinal myoclonus is the cronic, involuntary spasms of my arms, shoulders, neck, stomach, back... So though your spasms/tremors are in your hands mine are in my arms and shoulders, but I FINALLY have created some help for myself. You asked about homeopatic treatments and I HIGHLY rec. biofeedback and Physical Therapy doing cranial say-pree-al (this is NOT the correct spelling- sounds like that- spelling ??), Omega 3 (Arti Omega with the lemon flavor), Slow Mag, vitamin B 1, B6, B12 sublingual. I have tried EVERYTHING and every type of medication you can name. Just a heads up- as I read this med mentioned in another posting- Neurontin made me gain LOTS of weight (I took it for 5 years and gained 30 pounds- it eliminates your metabolism). Best of luck. I still suffer, daily, from constant ear popping (palatal myoclonus) and from constant arm spasms etc, but I am doing all I can to help myself. Stay strong! Know that with this website, you aren't alone. Until I found this site today I felt TOTALLY alone with these myoclonus conditions. Only 1 in 2 million people have palatal myoclonus and only 1 in 3 million have spinal myoclonus. I hope and pray that my sharing this and lending whatever help I can that someone out there will read this and also know of someone who has my very rare myoclonus conditions. Best of luck to you with your conditions. Take care Topsie
Topsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote