View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 04:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post

Tracy there could be two possibilities I am thinking of...On is the upper cervical nerves, go into the face. They could be acting up..this could be something positional. Did you start a new position to read, sit, sleep, are you hunching over a lap top, looking upward at a monitor?

The other thing is a virus as Bells Palsey. My husband had it from stress right before we got married. Like the tingling before a cold sore would come out.

But, I really think, it is something compressing the upper cervical roots. How is your range of motion in the neck, more side, to side then up and down? Is it tighter on the side you have tingling.

Also how old are you, do you have wisdom teeth.
If you press the area behind the jaw toward the ear is it tender? Then keep following back toward the skull and to the spine...is this nerve path sore?

I would try, check with doc first, per my doc, uses 4 Advil 4X's a day for three days. Mainly I use Advil or Toradol to calm down the knife in my upper wing, just thought that the same could work for the upper nerves inflamation too.
have you have a MRI to look for new damage?
Just some thoughts,
Dianne

PS Martha, I have the diminished hearing on my worse affected side. I also have background noise like wind or whoosh more noticable when it is quiet or trying to sleep.
I havent really changed anything positional - i did start a new job about 5-6 months ago which involved me sitting on little chairs and looking down a bit more (i started working with 7 year olds!, have left that now and will be starting with high school kids in september so back to normal size chairs!). That caused me to notice some pain in my armpit and my into my chest, so perhaps its an effect of that?!

the range of motion in my neck is not fantastic and my neck creaks and cracks constantly throghout the day, as it has done for the last couple of years.....im 27 yrs old and my wisdom teeth were all impacted and taken out when i was 25....i felt behind my ear and it is a little tender, i will check when the symptom comes back and see what it feels like then.

the last 2 mri's i had have been confusing - the 1st one showed a thickened neurovascular bundle and asymmetry of my infraclavicular fossa (under the collarbone) the 2nd one didnt show this - im going to take them to my new dr who is apparently the best in the UK for tos and see what he makes off all this!!

thanks dianne
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote