Thread: Tore up
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hate PT I generally get worse from it from being pushed. Drs stopped it about a year ago cos I just couldn't handle any more.

Now me + carer have a list of stretches I have to do everyday to try and keep the joints that aren't "locked" moving and to try and stop my joints from fusing. Basically passive movements. Also have to do desense and I try to go swimming a couple of times a week. I hate PT's that say - I've seen x number of RSD patients and they've all got better because of me... it's like - I wish it was that easy..

for one year after I was diagnosed I gave up everything to concentrate on the RSD and physio and to try and get back to walking - even if it was with a frame or something... but it just made me so much worse.. grrr! so agreed an "exercise/ physio" thing with my consultant who agreed that PT really wasn't the answer for me.

So go with what your body tells you, but also listen to your mind. I know if I don't move I get worse, but if I move too much I get worse.. so I have tried to make a plan that meets that "in the middle" bit.. (more than min on bad days and less than max on good days) etc

good luck

rosie xxxx

sometimes with physio you have to go with your body...