View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Leslie and Lucy!

Leslie - While I have been researching the connections between infectious agents, CFS/FMS and Peripheral Neuropathy I have not majored on yeasts, as that has not been my problem. However it's not unreasonable to assume that when anything of a 'toxic' nature remains in our body for a protracted period of time, there will be consequences.

Often the question to ask is, is it the causative agent of our health problem/s or is it an opportunistic agent which has arisen as a result of our vulnerable state....and this we don't always know but we have to start somewhere.

I did a very quick search for you (it's late here and I should be in bed) and found off the top these two links - you may have already seen them....and I am sure there are more and possibly better articles related to this topic also but this is a start for you.

http://www.candidafree.net/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...56/ai_n6272303

Lucy - I can't believe that despite being so simple to test for these infectious agents, it just doesn't seem to occur to most doctors to do so. Chlamydia Pn. is another one I had tested for also, along with the others I mentioned in my first post of this thread.

While I can't give you a link off the top of my head, I have noticed plenty of references to possible chronic (sometimes occult ie. hidden) infectious agents being the cause of MS.

The internet does give us a wonderful chance, especially if we are so inclined to look for quality sites to do a lot of research in trying to piece together our puzzle. We have a vested interest in solving our health mystery whereas doctors just do not either have the time or the inclination to invest research time for difficult cases.

All the best getting your doctor to look into this for you. I think what I have learned from this is: do your research; know what you want tested; and present to your doctor concisely what you want done - don't beat about the bush. It is your life that gets mucked up when these things are overlooked.

If you are able to get and understand pertinent articles from medical journals, they are the ones that carry the most weight with doctors. Newspaper reports and anecdotal stories do not impress them at all. So if you want info to back up your argument as to why you want something tested, then show 'em due cause from their own professional literature!

Last edited by Megan; 08-16-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dizzie lizzy (08-18-2008)