Thread: Thanks!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to the wacky club of MS. I can say, for me, there is never a dull moment. I have the attitude that every day is a new day in that I never know what's going to happen.

I have learned, tho, that not every ailment can be attributed to MS. You have to learn to pay attention to your body and know what's what. That will be difficult for awhile but please don't be afraid to call upon us and don't be afraid to call your doctor. That is most important when symptoms last for more than 24 hours.

The NMSS website has some good information for the newly dx'd. There are also some useful links in the Resources sticky at the top of the forum.

The best thing is to absorb what you've just been told and apply to your MS. Not everyone is the same.

Not everyone will respond the same to all the medications either, nor the same combinations of medications. You have to find what works for you and it'll be trial and error.

It's not all doom and gloom! MS is not a death sentence. Most people live very productive lives, and not shortened life spans either. I heard something the other day - people don't die from MS, they die with MS.

So MistiC, my best advice to you is to take it one day at a time and don't try to overload yourself with information. It will only confuse you. You have a lot of support here. That's what our forum is all about. We do care!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-16-2008), SallyC (08-16-2008), weegot5kiz (08-16-2008)