View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alices View Post
Daughter's condition getting more painful since having occipital nerve severed.
What drugs are in nerve blocks? Does anyone know? SHe has taken Cymbalta (didn't help-nasty drug) and now is going on Topomax. Nothing is releivng the pain. Any ideas or help would be appreciated greatly.
Hi Alice.I'm new to this site but was looking for some answers myself for my husband who has had O.N. for ten years now. His is an extreme case and the pain is excruciating and hard to watch. He's had the nerve stipped,severed and injected with everything you can imagine. Nothing has worked. The doctor warned us that severing the nerve could make it worse and that's just what happened.He is now waiting for a peripheral nerve stimulator to be placed in his head(electical pulses interupt the pain) but we live in Canada where you could wait forever to get surgery.As for Gabbapentin,my husband has been on it for 5yrs.(doesn't help) every kind of pain meds known to man and is now on Methadone(which also doesn't help).Meds are taking their toll on his health. My recommendation if her pain is really severe would be to look into a stimulator implant.It decreased my husband's pain and meds by half when he tried the temporary implant. There is also on You Tube a video of a gentleman who had the implant (showed his surgery and everything) and was pain free after that. Hope this helps.
marriedtopain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote