View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Mikey,

Like Dolfinz right now I too am dealing with frozen Shoulder or adhesive capsulitis. Its inflammation of the tissue in and around the shoulder capsule. It gets inflammed and scars down and forms adhesions that keep the shoulder from moving. Its very painful. And it can be related to diabetes.

It can take a long time to resolve but it is considered self resolving meaning eventually but it does get better on its own.

Not sure given the self resolving part if they grant diability or not but its worth a try.

THe best doc I thnk to go see would be an ortho. Can you ask for a referral? The ortho may know better how to apply for it since they deal with frozen shoulder the most.

If you have had it for a long time (a year or so) they can put you under and break the capsule adhesions very gently and then do pt to get the shoulder moving again.

Dolfinz is having better luck with PT than me I think. I just saw my doc again this week and I have actually lost mobility. He said there are no conclusive studies on frozen shoulder. SOme are helped by PT others get more shoulder aggravation from it. I also had a cortizone shot and it helped for a while.

Good luck in your search.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (08-19-2008)