View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cherie,

I was thinking exactly the same thing, no promises, I am still all wacked out and my head is scrambled so I do NOT want any stress at all messing with me......you have been VERY helpfull to me Cherie, God bless you!!
So what you are saying is that I CAN get paid to consult without hurting my STD?

It does seem like I am getting better in the same way this came ON.......

Thanks again Cherie...

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
You should not be jeoporizing anything with your STD/the insurance company, at least as long as this is treated as a "back-to-work" program of some sort. I can't see how your employer can pay you "extra", since you already getting your "wages" (or reasonable facsimile) from the STD company, so this part may complicate matters.

However, just trying to "help out" the company, by doing some of your own job on a quasi back-to-work program (with no "extra" money), should be perfectly fine. In fact, this would be the best way to slowly get back into the grove of your job, don't you think?

You are just coming up on week 6, and the "recovery phase" usually starts at about exactly this point in time. Yes, I think you are definitely on the UPswing.

It is NOT a super fast recovery, but week by week you will likely look back and see 'something' has improved. For me, the damage usually repaired in virtually the same order it came on . . . except the "hug" (for me). That symptom seems to want to hang on as long as it can.

This is a traumatizing event, Joe; physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. It's like any other REALLY bad thing that happens in life, and it takes time to heal from those events. For me, each new step back into the real world was scary, but it is best to try to take baby steps to that goal, as you make some improvements.

However, you will be very disappointed in yourself if you push too hard. You may be feeling better, but any amount of stress is going to mess up your head, and ultimately make you feel terribly defeated.

I think this opportunity with your employer, to phase back into the job but with no big expectations or demands, is a perfect plan. Go ahead, stick your toes in the water (ONLY YOUR TOES!), and see how it pans out. Just warn them that you can't make any promises quite yet . . .

Cherie
Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote