Old 08-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
Hi All,
Just wanted to update you on the status of my relentless, miserable high fever and elevated liver values a couple of weeks ago. Turns out I had/have Lyme Disease, urghh. Dag, doesn't having MS get me a free pass from all the other nasties out there?

The good news is that despite my now former GP running a different blood test every few days without treatment and not considering that a Lyme result just below the positive range might warrant further exploration...I decided to advocate for myself when my liver values started rising and I gained 8 pounds in 5 days despite not eathing hardly anything. I took the long drive to a big hospital and within 24 hours of their wonderful care and antibiotics I felt so much better.

Been good ever since and thank 'the powers that be' because if I could have mustered the strength I would have offed myself by about day 5. Haven't had a high fever since I was a child and OMG did I forget how debilitating it can be.

Hope everyone is good today and thank you for all well wishes when I posted about this originally. Jules

Isnt Lyme one of the mimickers of MS? Could you have had Lyme instead of MS all this time?

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (08-16-2008)