View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default family room complete re-do

Thanks to all the rains the midwest had this spring and summer we had some water damage and had to have our lower level of bilevel waterproofed. In order to do that we had to take out our paneling and carpet. Goodby 1970's era dark waknut paneling and brown schulptured carpeting My husband had never completed putting in the ceiling that was started in 1981. So it wasn't any big deal to see that go.

Because of out age and my DH lack of oooomph to get the work done we decided to hire a contractor. So now the entire ceiling and all walls will be drywalled! And we will be able to get rid of all the modly drywall and 2x4s that are down there. Our furniture was also bought in 1981! So we have rewally stimultated the economy this week. I don't think I have ever written the amount of checks that I have this week. I know to some people the $6,600 we have spent so far isn't a lot but to us it's huge. And we still have to buy paint, all the moldings, drapes and light fixtures. I finally convinced DH to have some recessed lighting put in in addition to the regular ceiling fixtures.

I am not a morning person at all. I like to see at least 11 AM on my clock when I wake up so 8 AM is going to be pretty rough on me. My Mom had wanted me to start typping up her book of her families geneology but she doesn't have it ready yet.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-17-2008)