View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We're about to spend $16 - $18 grand getting our roof fixed, the siding on our glass enclosed patio and deck, and replace a couple of windows that were damaged during a windstorm that we had at the end of June.

My aunt (lives across the street) got even worse damage. She had a wind driven tsunami in her kitchen. (large pond at the end of her yard. the 120mph+ winds blew the water into her patio and some splashed thru her sliding glass doors)

She also lost her air conditioner, and a bunch of window frames got their seals broken by hail damaging the wood around the windows.

She's probably getting her kitchen redone...at least the floor and her backdoor. (she wants French doors instead of the sliding glass)

I love watching houses get built. I also love watching people re-do the insides of their houses. I probably should have gotten a license to sell houses or something, because I'd probably have a blast selling homes. (too bad the housing market sucks right now)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote