View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default comments

Thank you all for your comments. Yes, Jaye, I would put a comma before "no matter how small" in what was the "creed." Lindylanka, I had to laugh (which I hope offends no one) but I never use that word, "creed," generally because I studied religion in a previous life too and was always fascinated by the Christian creeds--literarily and conceptually, but not, since the time I was much younger, with any kind of belief. The creeds spoke of a belief system. I didn't know they carried a Christian connotation or association. Hmm. interesting. I have absolutely no problem with using some other word. I am merely interested in your reaction, on the behalf of others, that shows a cultural sensitivity I lacked. And my reaction to that. Thank you.

To me, this isn't so much a philosophy. It is, perhaps a philosophical statement, but it isn't really a developed philosophy, is it? Could we introduce it more literally and just use Our Hope?

Sheryl, I don't understand your reading of Global Coalition and comprises patients, friends and family around the world. Doesn't the latter simply fill in details of the former? Where is the edge lost?

Got to run, but will be back later this afternoon. I hope I haven't misspoken in my haste. Oh, and there should be another comma but no time explain--just a detail.

Thanks again.
AJ
aj04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote