View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks to Dolfinz & Shirley; more info

Thanks to both of you for responding so quickly. I've had right FSS since February. I thought it was something I'd done to my rotator cuff at first. As I began to lose ROM, I realized it was something worse. I saw my child-doctor in June, who injected a painful steroid into my shoulder w/o results. My wife's web research indicates this lasts an average of 30 mos & that most people have residual impairment even after thawing. I am unable to work. I can't drive; I can't reach the dashboard controls w/my right hand. The upper part of my arm is pretty well locked against my body. The web sites also state PT is largely ineffective until thawing (iffy then). I'm going through PT, but I swear it makes it worse. She "massaged" it last week, trying to break things up, & I've been miserable since then. My ROM has not increased in 3 sessions. We're going 2 more & then she'll give me back to my doctor. Child that she is, I know she'll refer me to an ortho. She simply would not undertake writing a Disability letter about something she knows so little. She's still scared of her shadow. I'm counting on getting Disability because I can't drive & can't dress myself. I imagine there will be a re-check in 3 years. My wife's doctors apparently made her sound all but terminal because SSA has never rechecked her status, but our severely disabled (from birth) eldest daughter receives a "review" letter every 3 years. I think these must be based on age. Since I'm almost 59, I'm hoping to get Disability as easily as my wife. Why would someone my age prefer Disability income to "real" income? My wife has 3 degrees & had a great career. We think SSA decided only a lunatic would give up what she had for Disability. I'm not in quite the same situation, but I'm hoping the end result is the same. If you're getting treatments for your FSS that you think help, please tell me what they are. I can't take another pummeling session by this PT. My shoulder felt "broken" when she finished with me. I will NOT agree to the surgical invasive process you mention, Shirley. Many web sites are very skeptical about it & it is nothing I would have done. The ultrasound treatments are good, but the rest is awful. W/o increased ROM, I see no point. According to the web sites, I seem to have moved from freezing to frozen and "all" the sites agree PT is worthless at this point. Dolfinz, you've had it a month longer than I have. Where are you in the process? Shirley, how long have you had it and what's being done for you? I know about RSD, BTW, because the doctors thought my wife had it before settling on severe CFS and FMS. She went through the tests. She said you should get Disability immediately for RSD. Trying to respond to both of you has resulted in a rambling message. I thank you both and would appreciate any more information you might have on effective treatment. My wife will continue to try to find out what SSA wants, but hoped to short circuit the research if someone had already gotten the info. Thanks. Mike
Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote