Thread: Lyme Disease
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I should've clarified my question better. I know that Lyme sx remit as in the aforementioned waxing/waning but what I meant by complete remission was wondering if neurological sx can actually disappear for years at a time. That's one of the reasons I never did my kit -- I have little reminders here and there but I guess I felt that if it was Lyme I'd have more going on without so much time in-between. (Though granted, I haven't been dxed for all that long...) That said, I went to throw my kit out the other day and couldn't bring myself to do it! It's been sitting in my kitchen for over a year and of course now this discussion means I definitely won't be throwing it out anytime soon, LOL.

Since the time I've been dxed I've seen several people who suspected MS go on to get an Lyme dx and I think 2 people whose MS dx was reversed. As mysterious as MS is, I think Lyme might have it beat! I know the problem with testing is also that there can be false postives as well as negatives.

Natalie, that's quite a story!

Jules, seriously, I know the fever stunk but it seems like it's a really good thing you got it! I know that not everyone gets a fever or rash so if anything neurological appeared you might have just chalked it up to MS doing it's thang!

Last edited by Bearygood; 08-17-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (08-18-2008), Natalie8 (08-17-2008), SandyC (08-17-2008)