View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Mikey,

Wow it sounds like your frozen shoulder is quite bad. I think mine started in March/April.

I am frustrated with mine too but I can raise it shoulder height but no more and it does not rotate in or out. I can still drive and and I can dress myself and although painful I have a desk job so I I can work.

Right now I am doing PT but like you I think its is doing more harm than good. Last week the doc told me to tell the PT to scale it back as it was making it more inflammed and aggravating the nerve roots in my neck and then everything flared.

So I am back to ultrasound and stim in PT with very gentle exercises. Also working out with a trainer at the PT place and it often feel better when things warm up in that area.

I have started cellebrex since antiinflammatories apparently help. And if really painful I will take a pain killer but am not inclined to do so.

Some say that frozen shoulder can be related to diabetes and high levels of sugar in your bloodstream and it makes the joint inflammed and sticky. The adhesions are actually web like scar tissue that is very strong.

Since my is likley related to insulsin resistance I am also trying to change my diet etc.

My doc told me I will have to live with it for now. He won't touch it for the manipulation under anathesia for another 4 months as it could create even ore scar tissue After that I guess arthroscopic surgery and they can suck out the scar tissue.

BUt I am going to give it my best to do the exercises I have been given and try to bust it up because I think you are right the other procedures right now do not offer any better chance.

Good luck with the SSA, I hope you can make it happen. And I hope you find some relief.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote