View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI, Darkeyes! Sorry you've had so much grief from the doctors. We cope with enough from our various ailments, we don't need anything added from the people who are supposed to be helping us.
I'm hypothyroidic, take 137 mcg.'s of Synthroid. I had Graves' Disease as a child, was finally diagnosed at age 21 and had a partial thyroidectomy and a goiter removed. I can remember how totally miserable I was for years until the doctors finally (!!!) figured it out. Fortunately my surgeon was an outstanding expert in the field, and managed to gauge pretty well how much thyroid to leave me. It has only been in the last 10 years I've needed meds. (I'm almost 60.) But I've been on the same dosage for about the last 2 years, and apparently it's the right dosage for me. Yearly bloodwork has come back OK for the last couple of years.
So while I don't have any advice for you, I can totally sympathise with what you are going through. I've also got MG, which causes extreme fatigue. Just take it one day at a time, and try to stay positive.
I've only ever taken the Synthroid, and before that Levothroid. I'm not familiar with Armour thyroid med. I forget why we switched to the Synthroid. I think it may have had something to do with the dosage I needed not being available in the Levothroid. I take the name brand rather than a generic.
Hugs,