Thread: spread????
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 07:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta jewell View Post
Hi Eileeen, I sorry you have RSD. Mine began in my shoulder the day after surgery. But of course I wasn't acurrately diagnosed for another 7 years. By then it had spread to the other side in my shoulder and then back to my left hand, then over to my right hand and then down my left and right feet and legs, actually full body, including internally. I can't say if you should stay with your Dr, but if I were considering SCS, I would do a lot of research, even out of state. How long have you had RSD? and were you diagnosed right away?
How did you hurt your ankle? Do you mind saying what meds you are on? It
is difficult dealing with this day in day out isn't it. Swimming is helping me I feel, My husband has been really helpful, around house and grocery shopping. Our daughter is married. They have both gone with me to meet my Dr. He is sympathetic too. Hope today is good for you. Loretta
Hi loretta,
I sprained my ankle April 20, 2006 while playing baseball with my son. I had a terrible orthopedic who didn't believe me when I was still having so much pain. He said it will heal with time. I went on with my life. I have two boys and a girl and at the time worked full time as a police officer. So you can imagine how active I was. The pain was unbearable by october of 06 so I went to a new ortho who took my symptoms serious and diagnoised me with rsd. By the time I had all my testing to rule everything else out I didn't have my first sympathic lumbar block until jan 07. I have since changed doctors to this one I spoke about. He has me on gabapentin, lamictal, baclofen, and hydrocodone to use when needed. I take it usually at bed time not that it does anything for the pain but I can't be sleepy for the kids. He has no problem trying new meds. He has tried cymbalta and tramadol both made me sick. Do you have any suggestions for any other meds to try? My husband is really helpful too but works alot. He is a police officer too. I have been retired on a disability since march 08 but have been out of work since jan 07. The PD has really good sick time. I struggle every day to keep a smile on my face for my children. My crazy bad moods were starting to effect my kids they are now 11, 9 and 7. My 11 year old asks me about 5 times a day are you feeling ok today mommy? It breaks my heart. I just tell him that I feel great. Meanwhile I am cringing with pain. I push myself to the max for them. I know that it's not good. I am deterating. The pain is getting worse. I am finding it even harder to drive. Stress makes it even worse. I have a hard time saying no to people. Even if it means that I will sufer doing it. Like being a co leader for my daughters browne troop.
My dr. has recommended fusing my nerves in the ankle that the rsd started. Do you know anything about it. Also, I started having trouble swallowing hot foods.Could this be due to the rsd?
Sorry this is so long.
Thanks for listening,
Eileen
eileen15565 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote