View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I second that bravo Perry. This thread "is what it is". If it's marketing that is your choice and preference Todd, then go for it. In trying to unite the orgs, I wish you Godspeed. But the birth of this movement, altho might have roots in the work of the PPP, is definitely not a duplicate org. PPP is supported by PDF and it looks as if we are going to be even more closely affiliated with them in the future.

In fact, and I say this with a smile. Perry has been trying to get people interested in electronic medical records for years. He has slipped it into pipeline documents rather sneakily, and we have asked him to take it out - not yet ready to take anything like that on. He has tried to interest some orgs in EHR, with no luck. Thus. Perry individually, knows a lot about it. But it has never been on the pipeline agenda. As a charter pipeliner, my interest was finally sparked by the connection made between John's offer here at neurotalk. and Perry for the hundredth time talking about the need for data collecting.

PLM is the patient driven leader here, with non-patient companies now springing up like 23 and me also. This data collection database has a way to go, with the email database going first ASAP, based on what I understand so far.

Perhaps we have different thoughts about outcome, but as an advanced patient, I am focused on one thing - a treatment. This is a hands on chance at finding one - maybe even accidentally, without long drawn out clinical trials.

The organization was born here at Neurotalk, and includes pipeliner experience, but will not be led by them.

I wish you luck in putting pressure on the orgs. I think we have moved beyond them and are going completely independent and global. This is born out of this forum and an administrator involved in e-patients. It has global interest.

Key word = independent.

sincerely.
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 08-17-2008 at 08:03 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
indigogo (08-17-2008), lindylanka (08-17-2008)