Thread: Amantadine
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hey indigogogogogo

I have been taking Amantadine for years as an adjunct med for my tremor and dyskinesia. A couple of years ago--maybe not quite that long ago--I upped the dosage in an attempt to uncurl my dystonic toes and feet. I wound up with hallucinations. So, I went back down in dose. But recently I went back to the higher dose "to see"if it might not work better this time. No hallucinations (a lot more vivid dreaming, however) but my feet are still dystonic. I need to give it some more time, though.

I am fortunate in that it has remained otherwise effective. In some people it can lose its efficacy in a matter of months. I have known people to go off of it because it was no longer working and then to try it again further down the line with great results.

As for side effects, any edema is far less than what I experienced on, say, mirapex. But my legs and arms, mostly my legs, are quite splotchy, purple and red (sounds appealing, doesn't it?) But, you know, what with all else this diesease and its medications do for (to) you, and weighed against the state of the world today, I don't consider splotchy skin to be much of a problem.

But a connection to Reynauds--that I hadn't heard before and am interested in knowing more.
aj04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote