View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default adding to mission statement re: imagination borne of urgency

The work you all are doing in crafting this statement, and creating this global alliance is absolutely astonishing. You all are indefatigable! I'd like to throw in a few extra ideas and points.
I feel that the wording would be strengthened by adding something along these lines:

One of the key values of the Parkinson's Global Action Alliance being an organization comprised primarily of people with Parkinson's is that those with a degenerative disease have a unique feeling of emergency which drives our imaginations and creative core. This sense of urgency to find ourselves a cure and improve our own lot is white hot, needs to be respected by those without the disease, and is unparalleled in any community of people, however well-meaning, who does not have the disease.

One additional point to add to the reason for having a resource-driven web site controlled by us is that those who are newly diagnosed need to have a central portal to enter when they first seek information and support, rather than be overwhelmed by the plurality of PD organizations which bombard them in the present.

Since I'm trying to enjoy my 2-week Cape Cod vacation with four or five extreme motor fluctuations daily, I defer to you all to play with my ideas and insert them, if you choose, into the mission statement. best, Leonore
"Thanks for this!" says:
indigogo (08-17-2008), paula_w (08-17-2008)