View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Count me in (or around somewhere...)

My beloved hubby and I were surprised to find in our mail yesterday a letter from a major Atlantic Coast teaching hospital, informing us that we were to be honored at a symposium in October, with other Clinical Partners, for the time and effort we've put in to participating in research there. Someone noticed. Usually I would prefer they didn't notice. Staying in the background is my specialty, since I learned that I have no political sense, and since I lost touch with a lot of things during about two years of my life that were given to pain, a hip replacement, and recovery.

I can write (slowly), copyedit, pay attention to details, and occasionally pop up with a really terrific idea or an interesting video from the Internet. I have set up and/or used several small databases for employers, but none of the newer "relational" ones, just flat files. I like to do background information, too. I'm a good friend, but I'm not the cocktail party type, I'm told. I tend to see the spiritual side of things. I'll just as readily lay hands on someone for healing as I'll discuss the best kind of home Wi-fi system and how I set mine up. (Yes, Perry, we're going to the promised land, remembering always that we're glad that others are prophesying in the camp, to help bear the burden of all that needs to be done for the people.)

With all this talk of EHRs, I remembered that I once held membership in the American Medical Record Association and held a certification I'd earned after two years of schooling. I Googled for them and found the name had changed to American Health Information Management Association. Come to think of it, that is what I did for a few years. So I called them to ask about reinstatement, which they are quite wiling to do (for a fee). This would give me access to a lot of information and advice that might be helpful. Their website has a lot of info on Electronic Health Records. I don't know if it would be helpful, but I'm willing to brush up to fill in the details where the "big picture" leaves off. Remember, I'm no expert.

Only thing is, I tend to be late, and I have a good marriage that I spend a lot of time on, and church activities, and beads to string, and so forth. And I tend to get passionate, but I'm trainable.

So that's my current resume. What's the job, again?

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
indigogo (08-18-2008)