View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default plastics...

have been a boon and a bane to humankind. Even the plastics of the future won't be free of nasties like bisphenol A, they will just find other chemicals to use that will be approved by the powers that be, and then withdrawn after the long term dangers have been proven, and of course after the producing company has made it's billions, and just says , sorry, my bad!
Ron, do you remember MOCA (methylene-bis-ortho chloro aniline) a cross linker of polyurethane polyols? I worked for a research company after high school in 1974, and the only tox question i was asked was " are you allegic to MOCA?). How was an 18 year old kid suppossed to know the toxicology of a chemical he couldn't even pronounce? And how do you feel i thought when transferring large amonts of MOCA from a barrel that had " CARCINOGEN" with an extra skull and cross bones on it, which was hopefuly a "universal" sign that the contents could kill you?
Rosebud, you have given us a bit about who you are and how you live. You are as bitter and as critical as any of the best of us. It is obvious that ou are not going through a good time. All i have to say (with truly the most respect), is "welcome to the club" . WE are all hurtin'; some of us to the point of REALLLY committting suicide. Please try to find a way to live on, that's what all my friends tell me. Although WE feel like packing it in sometimes, something once told me to hang on, untill the sword is plunged into our ribs and all that comes out is water. Then we can dissociate our worries and pain from this world.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (08-18-2008)