View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Me, not a carrier of either gene, no Celiac present blood test, total IgA normal - totally weird b/c I'm 50% Swedish, we thought for sure it was me.
My dh is DQ2 - no Celiac present blood test, total IgA normal (mother Irish mix, father English mix)
My ds1 is DQ2 - no Celiac present blood test, total IgA normal. However, metabolic test are identical to his brother who is Celiac and he has lost weight in the last year, already was below the 5th percentile. I'm putting him GF very soon and he has finally agreed.
My ds2 is DQ2, IGG positive on blood test, IgA deficient, no biopsy, finally thriving on GF diet since Sept 05. He is Celiac IMO and in the off the record opinion of Dr. Fasano.
My dd has not been test yet, will at some point run procautionary test. She has a few symptoms, but eats little gluten due to our household arrangements.

Everyone but me in the household reacts to Oats and that has been specifically linked to DQ2s.

The lab test I'm refering to are Prometheus Celiac Disease Panel of test, which included the gene test for either DQ2 or DQ8. I do not know if there are 1 copy or 2 copies present. I am guessing Dr. Fine does a better job on that detail. I am suspicious that my dh is 2 copies.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote