View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused T12 disc prolapse

Hi
Im new to this site..and could do with advice. Last summer ,after lifting too much,I suffered thoracic pain and a right weak leg.MRI scan show T11-T12 prolapse. I have tried everything from aids to alternative treatments,physio,chyropractice and traditional pain killers. One year on and I am now struggling to walk as the right leg is very weak and jerky. I have perineal numbness and continual pins and needles and burning in the right leg and around the right rib cage. I have bladder control but constant sense of needing to go and my bowels are no longer functioning without continual medication.I have to use a wheel chair to get around as exercise now makes my leg more jerky and harder to control. A new MRI scan showed that the T12 prolapse has slipped slightlyand is calcified but the T11 is reduced. I have seen 2 neurosurgeons,one says there is no problem .Another wants to operate to relieve possible nerve pressure. Why are the opinions so different? Has anyone else suffered this? Can anyone advise me?
jane46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote