View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks to all for replies so far...

darlindeb25 - I forgot to mention, I have had the celiac antibody test (from a finger-prick blood test) and was negative.

Leslie - not taking any PN drugs. Doctor prescribed amitriptyline prior to diagnosis but didn't want to take something that would mask symptoms whilst I was still looking for the cause. Took it on a few days since diagnosis but found it quite drowsy, didn't help that much, and in all honesty, I'm not really in enough pain to require it at present.

MelodyL - I have been taking sublingual B12, but as cyanocobalamin, which I believe is the inferior form? It's also just 200ug a day which I think is less than the one you mention, which I will check out. Actually, I've found since taking the B12 I have had some relief, at some times, but of course, you never know if that's down to the supplementation, my TSH gradually coming down, or a bit of both.

Finally, glenntaj (or anyone else), is there anything else you think I should be screened for that I haven't already? Most of my worries about disease that typically co-occurs with hypothyroidism have been pretty much eliminated - Lupus, RA, and anything else that becomes unlikely with a negative ANA, RF plus negative CRP and ESR.

The only other things I planned to ask for were the skin biopsy and possibly an ultrasound circulation check.
gaz_gtr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote