View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello! I have similar symptoms, but these are actually associated with my epilepsy (auras). I'm not sure where you're from, but in Southern California we have a stellar optometrist who specializes in treating vision disturbances caused from neurological problems, head trauma, etc.

She did several days worth of testing on me to help me with my vision and balance, it cannot be repaired since they vary depending on my seizure frequency and location of the seizure.

Most neurologists will try and ship people off to an ophthalmologist, however, I'd look for an optometrist with experience or a primary focus on neurological conditions. If you're around this general area, let me know and I'll give you her information. People have came from across the united states to see her, and I personally see why.

Not only did she not charge me for the extra 3 days of testing, she was kind. She's friendly, like one of those awesome cuddly aunts you have. She has an amazing staff, too. She will do everything to help, and she even found me a new neurologist since mine was, well, a jerk (she agreed).

She believes in people and helping people, she doesn't take Aetna and I paid cash to see her. Was worth every penny (even though she gave me a discount!).

Have you had an EEG?

I'd suggest the balance and FMS testing, but looks like you're doing that. Keep us posted!
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote