View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Cool

Saw "Infamous" today. An intense movie. How much is fiction and how much is non-fiction...I have no clue.
What starts out as the irreverent journey of the openly gay writer Truman Capote to the middle-class world of 1950's Kansas, where he goes--with his childhood friend Harper Lee--to research the murder of the Clutter family, turns to something altogether darker when Capote forms an intense and complex relationship with one of the murderers. In doing so, he produced his greatest work, "In Cold Blood," but at a devastating personal cost. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808727824/details
Mild cold here in south central Pennsylvania...50s days/20s&30s nights. No wind today... ...the wind can be quite fierce, causing the temp to drop by 10 degrees due to the wind chill factor. I have a feeling Dale can identify with wind chill factors, relative to temperature.

My mother always has the most interesting questions to ask me. She called yesterday to thank me for her 81st BD flowers I had delivered on Friday. While her questions are about PD and diabetes, she never refers to either directly. Yesterday it was, "How are your pills working these days?" I asked, "Do you mean am I doing okay?" She says, "Yes, are you doing better?" Better ...Mother's...they always want the best for us "kids." (I am four weeks shy of 58...LOL.)

I always get a hoot out of my mother's questions . It has changed though, which is refreshing. For years the weekly question was, "How is your health?" To that she meant, how is your PD and how are your symptoms?

Good thing she doesn't ask me if I almost burned the house down recently in an attempt to cook , or how many times I have forgotten my regular morning medication, or how my mental health is...the latter is not good at all. Two years ago I left a Pyrex (thank goodness it was Pyrex) pot on a High burner ALL night. I put the burners in the oven that morning and vowed never to turn one on again, but I do from time to time.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller

Last edited by Stitcher; 11-05-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote