View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy I can't bowl anymore

My husband's family used to do fun bowling outings. I stunk, but had fun all the same. As we are visiting "back home" a bunch of us decided to get together like we used to. While the scores got lower and the waistlines are bigger we attempted to be 20 somethings again.

I had to sit and watch as I can't do it any more. A pair of sticks, 2 AFOs topped off with bad hands & balance made me fearful of
1) looking like the dork on display {the comments about "is she going to bowl? Can she?" really helped my ego - NOT} and
2) falling and hurting myself. I got a bit wigged out about the chance of breaking a wrist or something and then being really helpless.

My husband just didn't get it for some reason. He is usually very good about making me feel whole and normal, but adapting to my needs at the same time. He thought I should just bowl and forget about "things" for a while. Yeah, like my tired wobbly butt can sling around a 10lb ball for a few hours, stay on my feet, not get hurt and take a time out from all of this MSy-ness. Gee, I should of thought of that sooner...

I never had it hit me like this before. What do I do?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (08-19-2008), weegot5kiz (08-19-2008)