View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

David...so sorry to hear you've been sick, and still suffering pneumonia. Hope it finally clears completely soon.

Oh... it is that flu time of the year.... with the annual pros and cons of vaccination. It is certainly good for everyone to make their own decisions based on their own reading and circumstance.

I opt out. I never routinely had them to begin with, and the one year my daughter and I had one was the only year we ever got the flu, and my daughter had fever for a week and was very sick. That was likely coincidence, but the vaccine didn't protect us from it. She actually has some immune system quirks and it has been recommended since that she not get vaccines.. too overwhelming for an already stressed immune system. Apparently her immune system is still actively fighting her childhood immunizations. A bit controversial, I know.

I suppose if I was hit hard a couple years in a row, I might think about vaccination. I'm lucky in that it never seems to hit us...knock on wood. My mom and dad do get their shot every year.

I haven't really studied this following article, so I won't comment on it....it just came through my email recently from a friend so because it is recent, I thought I would share.

British Medical Journal Jan 2006
Influenza vaccination: policy versus evidence
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/conte.../7574/912?ehom=

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 11-05-2006 at 11:36 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote