View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all. I guess I didn't really get into the particulars.

DD, for the last 2 or 3 weeks, since her friends are all leaving for college, etc., has been staying out until 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning. She does call us to let us know when she'll be home. But, then she has to get up the next morning. She is exhausted, and has been home by 12 or 1 the last 2 nights. Thank goodness. Better than before. But, still.

Wants to make her own decisions. Wants adult privileges, but does not have adult responsbitilies. Doesn't get it. Has talked w/ friend, who is a HS senior about moving in w/ her and her parents. They would take her in, if we agree. They are good family. Go to our church. We have not talked w/ them about it. DD has decided to continue to try it at home. Thinks she is an adult, but wants to go from being supported by her parents to being supported by someone else's parents. Wants to run away from problem.

She lives at home for free. We pay her driver's insurance. She uses our car. Pays gas and wear and tear, but we go through big issues because she doesn't want to record mileage. Too much work!

She doesn't eat regular meals. Is down to 93 lbs. Is supposed to make annual Dr. appt. Too busy. Is working construction 8-2:30. Babysitting 3-5. And part time Pizza Hut in the evenings. And then goes out til middle of the night.

We are concerned about her health. We are concerned about possible depression.

Most of her friends are gone now. One leaves in 2 wks. she wants to spend lots of time w/ him before he leaves. New BF started college just 7 miles away, so I expect she will also spend lots of time w/ him.

Worried. Does not want us to have any expectations. Does not understand that DH and I have expectations for each other too. Not about being 18. It's about family. Caring about the people you live with. And love. Supposedly.

Sigh!! She is a different person w/ us than she is w/ anyone else. Exudes perfection to outside world.

Says family is important. Wants to have fun w/ family again. We're going to try. We like watching videos together. Maybe we can do more of that. If she's ever home. Or go out for ice cream. Or whatever

Sorry so long.

Would still like to do just one thing a day. Leave a note, etc., to let her know I love her. Still looking for ideas.

Thanks.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008

Last edited by FaithS; 08-19-2008 at 09:19 AM.
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote