View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the meaning of security

I ran away from home . literally. 50 years old.. pd 24 years.. and i ran away from home. i didnt allow myself enough time to be frightened of doing it. i picked up the phone.. and the next week i was on the plane. My first stop was alabama, then on to sc, nc, atlanta, finally tenn. now i am back home. i met the most fantastic people on earth. people with pd, carepartners, family members, neighbors, locals, strangers that became friends and got to know a little bit about pd in the process. I had a wonderful, healing journey and I can attribute that to the kindness, generousity and support given through these fantastic people. The best kind of support as each act, smile, tear, word and hug were completely genuine. This is where strength comes from. Total trust enabled by true support.I will never be able to express the gratitude in full to these wonderful people who unfolded their arms to a woman they scarcely knew but through words posted on the internet.

i have discovered something I needed very badly. I discovered me again. The me that got lost alongside of the road so long ago has come back and fully embraced every part of my existence so I can now stand tall again with authority over each statement and decision I make. My laughter again is full and from the gut with genuine freedom. i have fallen in love with life again. I now know myself again because I now have the freedom to do so. i have found my aggressive personality and my soft side and worked them into a unity of form, and I have learned this form is human. Not a tent with a mind trapped inside of it crying to get out.

I did this because i was able to breathe the clean air my mind needed to clear away the cobwebs that were strangling my perceptions of my own humanness. once i escaped from behind the bars which had kept me hostage in a room falsely labeled "security”, I could unfold my wings and discover life with the strength from God. He is the only security I need and I am no longer afraid of what is around the next bend.

There is no turning back. I have not turned the page to begin another chapter in life. I have closed the old book and have begun to write a new one. My capabilities are becoming secure within my mind and I am going to utilize them to the utmost. God is showing me that I can do a lot more than I thought I could do as He walks beside me and heals my soul. I have hired an attorney, and my marriage will soon be over. There is no remorse as there is no room nor need for it. The days gone by are now in the past and what lay ahead is not attatched to them or their memories. It is simply time to live happily and be at peace with the true security given to me from God.

Thank you to all of you who have had me in prayer. thank you for your kindness, your support, your advice, your patience, and most importantly.. thank you for accepting me as who i am.

I am going to go find life now.
Curious (08-19-2008), Floridagal (08-19-2008), lou_lou (08-19-2008), Twinkletoes (08-25-2008)