View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Steve,

I hope your cat gets better. I've never had a diabetic cat, but I've had pets with various illnesses that we've kept alive for years rather than having them put down. It's sad when you think about it how the public in general treats the animal population. Most people are so quick with the shot or gas it's disgusting.

Anyway my week has been different. I've had to adjust my Sinemet time down to every 2-1/2 hours from 3 hours during they day, but I've noticed something. I need the 2-1/2 hours in the morning, but by the afternoon, the old 3 hour schedule works fine. Last night (well early this morning), I ended up taking some Parcopa to head off some stiffness that started. This was happening again even after taking the CR at night, which really worked well in the beginning. Anyway the Parcopa let me sleep another three hours before I had to get up. When I got up this morning, I felt refreshed and I wasn't stiff.

My class is over, oh thank you computer gods, let's hope I've passed! I hate Java programming. I just couldn't get the brain to absorb it. It went in one eye and out the other as I nodded off to sleep. If I didn't pass, well I'll need to take it again another time. My next class starts next Tuesday, so I have a full week to do what I want.

My piano playing has gone from really great to unsteady again, but hopefully my new med-schedule will work. I so hope not to lose this again because I've made great strides in maintaining my technique up to this point. My Mozart Piano Quartet No.1 in Gminor is coming along nicely, and I've recently started with Schubert's Trout Quintet. These are not with a live trio, but instead are the strings alone and I have to keep up. It's fun and a lot of work at the same time.

I'm glad you got outside in the cooler weather. This makes a big difference, I"ve found in how I feel overall. I thought about washing my car. In fact we have a pressure washer, but my energy level isn't there. On Saturday and Sunday I took two very long naps in the afternoon instead.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote