View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question SSI/SSDI Back pay questions

I guess I'll start with a little background. I originally posted here in January. At the time I had gone through 2 appeals and an ALJ hearing, which came back with a Fully Favorable decision but was passed to the now-defunct Decision Review Board.

Well, on the very last day of the 90-day waiting period, the DRB dismissed the favorable decision and remanded the case back to the ALJ for clarification, etc. I had another hearing on July 25th (a Friday) with the same ALJ, and received another Fully Favorable decision in the mail the following Monday! Good news all around, especially since it's been an over-2-year process.

OK, so then I talked to my local office about SSI. I know that my SSDI payment will begin in Sept. and that the SSI has been processed and the "back pay" (I never received any interim assistance) should be deposited no later than the end of next week.

My question, I guess, is this: What happens now in terms of the SSDI back pay being released and when?

My attorney was paid two weeks ago and I know the SSA needed to know about the SSI due to recalculate. I know, too, that I shouldn't worry, but the real problem is that one component of my disability is OCD and I cannot stop obsessing about this.

Can anybody share their experience or shed some light? Please?
ordinarygirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote