View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowen214 View Post
Bren, I don't know if it's that rough on everyone or not, but the woman doing the test said that my urethra and bladder are EXTREMELY sensitive. She recommended that if the urologist wants to go in and look around, I am not awake...she said she's never recommended that to anyone else. I asked if I was just the biggest wimp ever, but she sweetly said I was not. LOL.

It was horribly painful....felt it burning/scraping every bit of the way (with BOTH catheters!), broke out into a cold sweat, got really nauseaus & thought I was going to get sick. She had to give me a cold, wet rag and turn on a fan. Then I could not urinate around the catheter after my bladder was filled with water....then I could not go for about 15 minutes after she took it out. GAH!!!!
It took me about a half an hour to go when I had it done. Only reason I managed it is that the tech gave me a cup of warm water (I was desperate) and I got so shaky and panicked that I spilled the water on my knee, and that got me going again.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote