View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Hello :-)

This week has been busy so far. My mom in law came for a visit this past weekend. We had a really nice time just hanging out around the house and playing out back in the pool. It was 104 degrees here on Saturday and I was so glad to have the little pool to play in. It is only 12ft x 3ft and we had five people in it. It was really quite comical!

I had my interview for the CNA program on Monday. I think it went really well. The lady that interviewed me offered me a few compliments and left me feeling like my chances of being accepted into the program were pretty good. She said that if I am one of the ten that are selected for the class, I will get a phone call by Thursday at 2:00. If I don't get a phone call, that means I was not accepted and will have to try again next month. Then, the lady said, "I am not saying that YOU are not going to get a phone call." So, I will be waiting for the call...wish me luck!

My van that is eleven years old had to go to the shop to be repaired today. It was a bad bearing that cost us $329.00 to have fixed. I guess it's still better than a car payment every month, but we have already put a total of about $1800.00 into it this year. I just hope that it doesn't continue to nickel and dime us to death! I need it to last until I am able to get hired on at a hospital. Otherwise, we will be in trouble! Finances are tight for us right now...as is the case for many others I know.

Well, as far as this whole possible PD thing goes...I am trying not to allow it to be the main focus of my life. It is so easy to sit around and dwell on all the things that I feel and all of the things that I am experiencing with my body. But, this is the PD forum...so I will spill the beans. I had a doctor's appointment last week and it was upsetting. We discussed Sinemet, but he didn't recommend trying it at all. We increased my Zelapar to two a day after a long discussion that felt much like a Dr. Seuss book. It went something like this..."Well, you can take none, you can take one, you can take two. It is FDA approved for two. That is what I would recommend." As far as my Mirapex he said that I can take it every two hours, three hours, four hours...basically whatever works for me. He was very flippant about all of this. I think he is peeved because I am going to see an MDS that has taken quite a few of his other patients. Oh well...life's rough! A second opinion is my right. I told my doctor about the weird shaking that I experienced when I was camping. I described it like an upper body seizure, but not affecting my brain. He commented that we might not have answers for everything. Gee, that makes me feel better! He went on to say that if it happens more often I need to let him know. What happened next kind of freaked me out. My doctor had previously said that if I responded to PD meds he would be about 90% certain that that is what I have. I made a statement something like, "Well, I guess since I am responding to the PD meds, I probably do have PD." He said," Not Necessarily." I asked what else would respond to PD meds and he said that he didn't even want to speculate. Needless to say, I was pretty upset when I left. The good news is that the MDS that I was set up to see in December had a cancellation and I am going to be seen on November 24th. I am looking forward to it.

My wonderful Hubby has dinner all ready for me so I better run. Have a great rest of the week!

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote