Thread: Tore up
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Allen

I couldn't do PT either. I spent 4+ years in PT but never did any. They did massages on me. I had some good therapist. My first 2 were very good, they didn't even try to make me do it. After they left the 3rd one made me try PE and I couldn't do it. I went looking for another PT'er and I found a husband and wife that had studied in Holland and were taught massage therapy was better for people then exercises. It loosens up the muscles and gets the trigger point knots down.

I did start walking though. I have walked for about 5 years. I would walk and cry everyday until the Physical Therapist got me loosened up and doing better. It took all of those years to do it.

I started with the RSD in the right shoulder and an Osteopathic Dr. messed up both of my arms popping my bones. Now I have it pretty much all over but I have got it in check with meds, blocks, and triggerpoint injections.

I don't know if I believe that the PT does an RSDer any good. It sure didn't do anything for me. I've been blessed for the past few years with the Drs. and Physical Therapist I have found but it took me a lot of years to get to where I am.

Nowadays Drs. can do anything they want to do. I have several friends that got letters from their PCPs saying they had too much wrong with them and they couldn't help them. I had a pain management Dr. at the University of Colorado that said he couldn't do anything for me so I do know they are out there and apparently they can get buy with it.

I am on state insurance also because of how I was done by SS so I do know what you are talking about. There are so many Drs. out there anymore that won't even accept it. But just keep looking, don't give up because I do know there are some good Drs. out there that will take your insurance. I have a Dr. that took care of me for 5 years with no pay at all. I put him in the Saint catagory but there's not a lot of them out there either.

Also the Drs. now are harder to sue because of the laws nowadays so they get by with even more.

Good luck on finding the help you need and remember, don't give up.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote