Thread: Tore up
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy (((Hugs)))

Allen,
Oh Sweetie...I feel for you! I remember so well what it was like to go to PT that didn't know what the crap they were doing when it came to RSD patients, and how much more pain I would wind up in because of them. I was lucky, though, as they only managed to help my RSD spread up my leg, and not up into my upper body (that I did all by myself..). Seems amazing to me now, when I think back on it, and remember the tortures that they put me through, and how they topped each session off with ICE! Or tried to; I am a pretty good escape artist when I have to be, even from that thing they call a "Kyroboot"or something like that. YUCK!

I am sorrier still to hear that you have a beeyatch for a doc who is dropping you like a hot potato. Is it because she has stopped accepting the type of insurance that you have? You might make certain of that, by calling your State agency to find out. They can also tell you any other doc in your area that takes their insurance. They might also be able to help you out if you find that all of the docs in your area that do take that insurance "aren't taking new patients".

Have you gotten you SSD yet? Getting Medicare will help....even though there are docs out there that don't take that insurance, there are more that do than that take the state kind. If I am remembering rightly (and sorry...my brain is kinda mushy these days...Teenagers, you know? LOL) you are still stuck in the process of getting SSD? Is that right? If so...where are you? Been denied? Once, Twice, three times? Going before the Fed Judge yet? I won mine before the Judge. Just hold on...hard as it is, and as much as it sux and is not fair that they make us jump through so many hoops for so very long, just hold on. And, make SURE that you keep records of the problems that you are having now getting care, too. Try to get it in your SSD stuff, and FOR SURE make sure that the Judge hears about it if/when you get before him. The reason is, because it affects your care, and is detrimental to your health.

I really, really hope that things start going better for you. You are such a good guy....you so deserve a break. People like that lady doc of yours will have to answer for these things that they do...this I know. You just keep on keeping on, and let us try to help keep your spirits up as much as we can. Come and vent whenever you need to, and don't you EVER worry about doing it! I know how the doc hunting can get a person down, and how badly it feels to get dumped by a doc. Been there and done that too. LOL. Shoot, after all of these years, there isn't a whole lot that I haven't done (or at least heard about...LOL) with this RSD crap. Just try not to let it get you down.

Do you have enough meds to get you through? Call her office BEFORE the 17 if you don't, and try to get her to write you a script or at least refills....post dated if it makes her feel better....to help you, and to try to have at least one less to worry about, and to buy that much more time to find another doc. Erm...I know that there is other stuff to do...but I can't think right now. Get refills on meds...get copies of medical records...seems like there is something else to do before leaving a doc? If I think of it, I will get back.

I hope that you have a good day today...

((hugs))
Jose
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote