View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default In my humble opinion

Michael, it could be that you are observing the NotMeNotNow phenomenon, in which many people bound to us by friendship, blood ties, or holy vows, do not accept that their lives are afflicted by Parkinson's Disease, too. Some of them even behave as it were our fault, or that guilt for some terrible sin is at the root of our behavior. They may also be disappointed that their superficial expressions of concern were no more effective than a band-aid, or disappointed in themselves that such expressions were too superficial to evince true compassion.

Sometimes it helps to explain to them that, with various parts of the brain misfiring and dis-coordinating our movement and our perception, sometimes even our ability to plan and prioritize, but usually not. People who are as busy as our society seems to require them to be are particularly disinclined to ponder--anything.

A time may come when they understand. For the present, well, everybody's gotta be somplace. To put it theologically, ya gotta love 'em.

Loving them may take different forms and patterns of behavior on your part than you ever dreamed possible, and I don't know what those might be for you. Writing, prayer, artistic expression, exercise--your own light will guide you.

It's a lonelier path than I expected it to be, too.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rose of his heart (06-14-2010)