View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hon, do you have RSD already...or are you just worried about getting it because you've already had TOS surgery, and you are under the impression that once you hav TOS surgery, RSD is a strong likelihood?

It's been my understanding that if you were going to get RSD, you would have gotten it at the time you had the TOS surgery. If you have NO SYMPTOMS of rsd at this time, chances are there is no way to determine whether or not you are susceptible to it. There is no way to determine who is or is not susceptible to rsd. That's why so many ppl get it after surgery. However, in my PERSONAL case, I had symptoms prior to surgery, but my surgeon took NO PRECAUTIONS, just went on "business as usual" and performed the tos surgery...which made me WORSE and also caused spread. I have bilateral tos...had the right side tos surgery...have NOT had the left side done, and cant have it done, cuz of the rsd. Well, probably could with precautions, but I'm too afraid to.

I wold "assume" your surgeons think you are susceptible to rsd. If you let your surgeons and anestheologist know you are susceptible to it, they can give you BLOCKS prior to any surgeries to prevent the rsd fro occuring/spreading. Tht will numb the nerves, so it's not "kicked up a notch" and can't get "stuck" in that "hyper" position."

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote