View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Me again.

Michael:

You need to readjust how you view yourself and the world around you. I speak from my own biased perspective, but it serves me pretty well, so let me pass it on to you.

First of all I have developed a deeper and more meaningful relationship with the proverbial "higher power" in my life. I have learned that my weaknesses can and do become my strenghths if I allow myself to be guided, and don't always want to run the show myself. I believe this life very often takes us where we would never chose to go on our own. It requires us to leave our comfort zone. When we look around we realize that pretty much everyone we know has problems. Some come as a result of poor choices, but many just drop in on us and mess up our lives. At least thats what it seems like.

You, your life, and most of all your time are not what they used to be, but they are not of less value....they have a different valu, even a greater valu. The challenge seems insurmountable to you at the moment, but we have all been there and some of us get stuck there. I will add a scripture if you'll allow me (or not...lol)

"And if men come unto me I will show them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men who humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me and have faith in me, then will I make weak things strong unto me."

I'm not meaning to preach a sermon, but I can only tell you how I have found things to be in the BIG picture. I do not believe this life was ever designed to be comfortable..if so we would all be failing miserably. Rich people committ suicide more often than poor people. We find inspiration in watching an ant carry a load twice his size across a sidewalk, where he is likely to get stepped on. MJF and Mohammed Ali have both become greater men because they have risen to the occasion, and their previous fame fades in comparison.

You are not of less value, you are of greater valu, or at least have the potential to become greater. You are standing at the door. Now go show "them" what your really made of.

Parkinson's is not my enemy...it is my Teacher!

Love ya for giving me this chance to preach! LOL
Jaye (08-20-2008)