View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bobi, thanks for asking though by now it is Wednesday lol. I am riding the PMDD, Fibro flare, added to the stress of fighting with son's school and monitoring son's health, house falling apart and looking like a sty, rollercoaster. Not so good though I am hanging in. The BF had yesterday off so I pretty much spent it in bed with the TV and my books and my little snugglebunny (my 7 yr old) in and out.

Man bipolar teens are ssssoooooooo needy LOL. OMG, mom come watch this video, mom will you do this, mom can I do that, throwing his 200+ pounds on the bed to laugh or talk LOL. I wanted to lock the door.

He has an appt with his Pdoc on the 18th and they have strict instructions to not contact him unless my son has been hospitalized. Actually I think it is them more than the doc. They said the same about my pdoc and she was flaming and gave me her cell number.

I talked to the school about a personal curriculum, told them that he is almost incapable of learning in that atmosphere, sitting still for an hour and processing the information. He wants to stay in the system and attend the Skills Center, possibly take some online classes at home. She gave me my options 1) go to an accelerated learning program, kind of a work at your own pace, lose special education status; told her no. 2) add a 7th hour to the day to make up the missing credits and possibly make it an online class; ah duh what part of what I just said did you not understand! 3) Special education classes, smaller, more informed teacher; he is capable of learning just not in that setting, does not want the "special education" label.

So I told her to go ahead and call for an IEP meeting and we will see what we will come up with. He will have to go the first week or two as scheduled but hopefully we can get some things taken care of. She said it will probably be the first week of school.

I called and spoke with Dan at the MPAS number you gave me, he is probably who you spoke with, and explained what was going on and he is going to see who they have available to come help me, either through his org. or another.

I told him I had no clue what I was doing and he said he would have someone call me and explain what I could do. Then I started crying, I told him I am totally lost, I have all this info printed out and I read it and forget it, I am Bipolar and take meds and also have fibro and chronic pain sufferer and only on a good day can I remember my name without a pause. So he said he would try to find someone and call me by Friday. They go back to school on the 2nd of next month.

Thank you Bobi so much for your help . I probably would have gone to this meeting and had all this info and would have let them walk all over me because I have no clue what I am doing and because they are supposed to know what they are doing and I expect them to be fair and have my child's best interests at heart and it is all just politics.

How are you? Well I hope. You are so busy helping everyone else who helps you lol?

"Thanks for this!" says:
Bdix (08-20-2008)