View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update on-going saga

I saw the the neuro-surgeon Monday and what a shocker. He also questions my pd diagnosis. How many is that now? This news does not surprise me anymore.

Following the examination by the neuro-surgeon his recommendation is two, possibly three immediate surgeries to just maintain what I have left. Things have progressed rather fast. I fell four times Monday, my left leg is swollen most the time, numb and buckles.

The operations in question will be explained further once I have another MRI Scan done on my neck. It seems the private one that I paid for was done on older, not the best, or up-to-date equipment. Ripped off again!

I had no strength and my self confidence was shot to hell again. All the work I have put into my recovery felt like it was for naught. I was right back to freezing and crawling around on all fours again.

I am angry that all three neurologists I saw dismissed my pain in my legs for years and my more recent facial numbness. I kept being told that I was under-medicated and up the meds.

My observation is that once you are diagnosed with pd everything is related back to it..............the pd box. This has to change. It must change. Not only is it physiologically damaging it can destroy your health. There must be a better way.

Not only do I not want to have any operations I am afraid to go into the hospital, 48 cases of SAAR'S has broken out this week and three elderly patients have died from this out-break. My girlfriends 17 year old granddaughter was admitted yesterday to another hospital with flesh eating disease. I don't know how she is doing, it is too terrifying to even think about it. Sorry for the downer post, under the circumstances I am down.

Bonnie

Last edited by smithclayriley; 08-20-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: add word
smithclayriley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote