View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

well my plan to wait until the end of year TV sales went up in smoke.
Or lightning I should say, had some power surges during a 2 hr thunder storm and it must have messed up our UHF channels on our main TV.

So today I went to our local one stop shopping stores and looked at the TVs that were on sale.

Decided on a 32" Sylvania - Limited Edition
and after getting it set up i did price comparisons online and looks like I got it for a better price than what I found online - so that is a good thing
Plus we have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work out for us.
But so far seems to be good.
[Details: this LCD HDTV from Sylvania features a 32-inch diagonal WXGA+ LCD display with Clear Pix Technology for a difference you're sure to notice. It features a built-in ATSC/NTSC tuner (with HD Quality Output) as well as a 3D Digital Comb Filter. Picture and Sound Controls allow you to fine tune your experience, and the VESA Mount Capability allows you to mount your HDTV on the wall. Includes remote control.]

Set up was simple, it scanned for channels - so we now get both the analog {NTSC} & the digital {ATSC} versions of the "over the air"/antenna channels.

It is pretty noticeable that the ATSC/digital channels come in with a much clearer picture than the NTSC/analog channels.
The TV has a power saver mode setting also and only uses .04 in standby mode.
There's quite a variation of standby power use levels on TVs - you can look power use info for many electronics here -Energy Star site -
http://www.energystar.gov/